Bill Conti Big Band Arranging
Funded with the generous support of Bill Conti.
A short big band arrangement of an original or standard.
Written for standard Big Band Instrumentation
(5 Sax /woodwind doubles, 4 Trumpet, 4 Trombone, Rhythm Section)
Submit a musical score PDF and recording.
1st Place Award: $1000
2nd Place Award: $500
3rd Place Award: $250
Age Restrictions: 35 and younger
Submission Deadline: 1 June 2023
Additional Requirements For ASMAC Student Competitions
- One-page statement of career goals & aspirations.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member and/or professional composer or arranger who is familiar with the applicant's work.
- Current student identification card (copy) or confirmation letter of continuous full-time private study from instructor.
- To apply, you must be a current student studying arranging and music composition in a music school, college, conservatory, university, or privately. (ASMAC membership not required)
- Submissions open. See Submit Entry buttons above.
Please direct any questions to: Charles Fernandez, Chairman, ASMAC Scholarships / Competitions – [email protected]